"The thing that’s happening this time that you haven’t really quite seen with the Doctor before is… we’ve seen him fall in love loads of times, we’ve seen him have secret crushes, we’ve had him… we’ve had all of that very much in the Doctor - I don’t think we’ve quite seen him just straight-forwardly fancy someone that he thinks he shouldn’t. He really should not fancy this girl. But he really does.” - Steven Moffat
- It’s good to see you. Vogel said it was best I stay away.
- What the fuck does she know?
- If it’s any comfort, we’re not on the best of terms anymore.
- She doesn’t understand us, Dexter.
- Exactly. She said I might lose you…but we’ll always be together, right?
“I come here and imagine that this is the spot where everything I’ve lost since my childhood has washed out. I tell myself, if that were true, and I waited long enough, then a tiny figure would appear on the horizon across the field, and gradually get larger until I’d see it was Tommy. He’d wave and maybe call. I don’t let the fantasy go beyond that. I can’t let it. I remind myself I was lucky to have had any time with him at all. “